Vacancy for Curator/Administrator of Cobh Museum
Cobh Museum is Seeking a Part-time Curator/Administrator
(19.5 hours per week)
Cobh Museum Mission Statement
- To preserve and interpret the history of Great Island, Cobh and the harbour.
- To collect, record and preserve the artefacts and information, which pertain specifically to the social , cultural and commercial history of the Great Island, Cobh and the harbour area and to display such artefacts as are required for exhibition purposes.
The duties of the successful candidate will include but are not limited to :
Curatorial duties: all aspects of curatorial work, namely cataloguing and conservation, mounting exhibitions and general maintenance of displays, also the ability to undertake research both for exhibitions and to assist members of the public with their enquiries
Mounting of annual exhibitions including direction of necessary research, design, text etc. Acquisition and preparation of artefacts. Maintenance of displays
Training and general supervision of staff in basic office administration, reception skills and in the above curatorial duties.
Finance - responsibility for all aspects of day to day finance (including admissions, sales, lodgements, petty cash, stocking of shop, purchases etc together with research on and application for grants, sponsorship etc.
General administration - day to day management, liaison with volunteers, organisation of cleaning, refurbishments, decorating, maintenance of equipment etc
Education - develop educational facilities on line and where possible within
the Museum and to liaise with schools in the Munster area
All marketing including social media, maintenance of website and preparation and distribution of new brochure annually and cooperation with local
Event management - formal opening of annual exhibition, heritage week, European night of museums, events for volunteers etc
- Experience of working in the Museum/heritage sector
- General administrative experience and good organisational skills
- Experience of staff management
- Experience of visitor care and customer service with good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of marketing - social media presence, preparation and distribution of printed material
- Interest in the role of the Museum in education and in working with local schools
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Be highly motivated and flexible
Applications to be received before 22nd March via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to the Chairman of the Board of Directors, Cobh Museum, High Road, Cobh, Co. Cork , P24AY26
Copyright Cobh Museum 2022